1 Oct 2021
September Recap: New versions of VCredential, Omnis & ACTpro
September 2021 again saw a flurry of activity from Vanderbilt’s product line with numerous updates and releases launched. Let’s quickly recap what happened during the past month:
- We are pleased to announce the latest updates to VCredential. Our cloud-based credential management platform offers users the ability to create and manage Bluetooth credentials independent of the access control platform. The key feature of this new release is the simplification of the authorization process that allows customers to use a Bluetooth credential. Read more.
- Vanderbilt is pleased to inform you about the sales- and delivery release of Omnis 7.1. Omnis 7.1 Software can be downloaded from our Webshop. A Base License for Omnis 7.1 is required for either updating the software from an earlier version or installing it for the first time. Read more.
- ACTpro was recently updated to version 3.2. This update includes numerous feature improvements and bug fixes. Most notably these include support via Vcredential for Bluetooth credentials, integration with AxxonSoft video (version 4.5 or later), and developments for using QR codes. Bug fixes includes support for Hikvision 256 channel NVRs and increasing the minimal password length from 9 to 20 characters. Read more.
- The NGCR Mullion Reader range has now received an IP66 rating. Ingress Protection ratings are defined in international standard EN 60529. They are used to define levels of sealing effectiveness of electrical enclosures against intrusion from foreign bodies (tools, dirt, etc.) and moisture. As a guideline, IP ratings of between 44 and 65 may be used for indoor and general outdoor use. Anything lower than IP44 should only be used indoors, however. IP66, on the other hand, is typically used for heavy-duty industrial and waterproof electrical enclosures. Read more.
- As part of our continuous quality monitoring process, we have discovered a non-conformance with a component that affects some SPC keypads shipped between 13 September 2021 and 16 September 2021. We have identified that you purchased and received one or more of the following products in the last two weeks. • SPCK620.000 • SPCK620.000-N. Read more.