Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Technology from Vanderbilt
VCredential is a cloud-based credential management platform that offers users the ability to create and manage Bluetooth credentials independent of the access control platform. It’s key benefit focuses on intuitive usability and the opportunity to benefit from the latest industry technology trends.
Now, through VCredential, all Vanderbilt systems, including ACTpro, OMNIS, ACT365, SPC, as well as multiple third-party partner systems, support BLE readers and accessories.
As a fast follower of this technology, Vanderbilt has introduced:
- A range of BLE readers
- A contactless door release button in the same look & feel as the Bluetooth readers
- Mobile credentials available through a convenient perpetual licence with no hidden costs as the price per credential is paid up-front and does not reoccur on a monthly or yearly basis thereinafter
- FREE end-user app for Android™ and iOS™
Thanks to VCredential, our Bluetooth readers and accessories now work with ACTpro,OMNIS, ACT365, SPC, as well as multiple third-party partner systems.
Bluetooth Card Readers
What are we offering?
- BLE hardware with Vanderbilt software
- Vanderbilt mobile credentials
- Wiegand & RS485 interface options
- Compatible with MIFARE Classic & MIFARE DESFire EV1, EV2
- Compatible systems: ACT Enterprise, OMNIS, ACT365, SPC, as well as multiple third-party partner systems.
Why choose Bluetooth readers?
- Smooth Migration: Reduce the total cost of ownership by extending the life of existing system controller and hardware, while allowing a smooth migration to mobile credentials.
- Save Time & Money: Mobile credentials are time and cost-effective alternatives to managing physical credentials.
- Easy Management: Creating and deploying of Bluetooth Credentials can be carried out by the administrator directly in VCredential, the cloud-based credential management platform, for easy management.
- Customer Convenience: Bluetooth removes the need for a physical credential and replaces it with a virtual credential for smartphone devices that provides customers with a smooth user experience.
- Secure: Data encryption with 128bit AES encryption and randomization. This encryption is the same grade used by banks and hospitals.
- Future-proof investment: The Bluetooth readers also act as a traditional card reader. This means users can continue using MIFARE cards and slowly migrate to the Bluetooth virtual credentials at their own pace.
- The total cost of ownership: In comparison to other brands in this area, Vanderbilt is offering a one-off license purchase as opposed to a subscription-based model that would include annual charges per virtual credential. Instead, our approach means you will have no hidden or extra costs and make big savings in the long-term.
What you need to know
A Bluetooth reader and the VCredential software are used to add and distribute virtual credentials, much in the same way as a traditional physical card or tag is allocated to an employee or visitor.
How it works?
- The system administrator sends an invitation email to the end user which contains a 6-digit alphanumeric activation code.
- The end user downloads the VI mobile ID app and enters the activation code.
- The end-user then uses the credential (via the app) when approaching doors with Vanderbilt BLE readers to gain access.
Unique user experience with 4 identification modes for easy management:
- Mobile Credentials Video Library
- Bluetooth End-User Flyer
- Bluetooth Installer Flyer
- VI Mobile ID App - User Guide
- VCredential Administrator Guide
- Bluetooth Reader OSDP Installation Manual
- Bluetooth Reader Wiegand Installation Manual
- BLUE-EX Installation Manual
- Vanderbilt range of Access Control Cards, Credentials and Fobs
Contact us today!
Interested in learning more about VCredential cloud-based credential management platform? Get in touch with our Sales team: