Coop has the largest retail network in Switzerland with more than 2,200 shops in the Food and Non-Food sector. They enjoy an annual turnover of CHF 19.2 billion and employ 47,000 people in Switzerland.
Coop wanted a security system to protect a number of their valuable in-store goods, such as home electronics, cell phones, and tablets, perfumes, and jewelry. They wanted a modular alarm system that could transmit reliably with the most modern means of communication to the standard alarm receiving centers in Switzerland. They also wanted a solution that had proven reliability and fast alarm detection, and that was certified according to SES EN standards. It was essential that this solution would satisfy special customer-specific programming for the various Coop needs. For example, allowing overnight delivery without sacrificing optimal object protection.
Solutions we provided:
- Coop installed Vanderbilt’s SPC across their sites. SPC is a modular, flexible alarm system that is adapted to the respective needs. SPC can be deployed in various shops of different sizes with different security concepts. This greatly simplified the maintenance and training of Coop employees and had a positive effect on costs.
- SPC is a full IP communication system, that provides cause and effect programming for custom solutions. SPC also includes self-monitoring capabilities for Coop’s security employees.
- Coop also chose a number of other Vanderbilt security solutions to protect their sites. These include PDM infrared detectors with mirror optics, Seismic detectors, glass break detectors, and magnetic contacts.
- Vanderbilt’s solutions provided easy integration of external systems such as fog systems, integration in building systems or in-house alarm receiving stations via EDP and Flex-C.
“Vanderbilt is a solution-oriented company that optimally meets the needs of Coop. Vanderbilt cultivates the customer relationship not only with the specialist company Telsec but also with the end customer, Coop.”
- Mr. Jörg Piller, Head of Security Service, Coop.
Read our in-house experts' opinion on Retail protection: Vanderbilt takes a look at the state of retail security today.