Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) for Children is an internationally recognised centre of excellence for child healthcare located in the heart of Central London.
The GOSH estate consists of 30 plus mixed purpose buildings contributing to the centre which provides the UK’s widest range of specialist health services for children.
The hospital site had seen exponential growth since the original Granta access control system was installed some 20 years ago. This meant that as more buildings were added to the site, the security system grew to become an integral part of the day-to-day operational systems used by the hospital.
- SiPass integrated is an intuitive access control system with a modern interface. The hospital’s requirements were specific and were particularly focused on the need for Covid-19 compliancy in order to not only upgrade their existing system, but to keep patients and staff as safe as possible when it came to the Pandemic, as well as security in general.
- The highest level of enterprise technology was key. As the hospital estate could not be rewired, SiPass integrated allowed for a straightforward upgrade using the same topology.
- The completed upgrade is now allowing the hospital’s security staff to monitor their entire system of nearly 2,000 access points across 32 buildings simultaneously from their control room.
- SiPass integrated has delivered so much flexibility for the client, allowing a future proof way forward with multiple system integrations including but not limited to CCTV, Intruder Alarms, cashless vending – the list goes on.
The project itself was managed and delivered by London based system integrator - Ansador Fire & Security, who are a key Gold member of Vanderbilt’s Aspire Partner Program. Ansador has specialised in the Healthcare sector for almost 40 years. Coincidentally, the company’s chairman Francis Davey led Vanderbilt’s Granta's installation in the hospital over 20 years previously. Now his son, Alex Davey (Managing Director), managed the hospital’s upgrade to Vanderbilt’s SiPass integrated. For more information on Ansador, visit www.www.ansador.co.uk/.
“Vanderbilt’s access control products are design-led solutions, and that’s something that we major in as well. Our business model starts with a cohesive design process so when we are talking to potential clients, we always start by evaluating what the client needs and why, because thanks to companies like Vanderbilt, we have a range of solutions to choose from that meet the majority of requirements on the market and that we can commission to fit our clients’ needs perfectly.”
- Alex Davey, Managing Director, Ansador.