Before returning any products to Vanderbilt and ComNet, you must obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA). Obtaining this RMA number is necessary for all kinds of product returns, including warranty repair or exchange, non-warranty repairs, credit returns, and advance exchanges.
The following seven steps describe major actions for the processing of an RMA case.
1. If a product is a defect/wished to be returned, visit our online RMA form in the resources section (choose the required language on top).
2. Complete the RMA form in the link above (mandatory fields are marked with an * ) and click ‘submit'. You will then receive an email as registration acknowledgement shortly afterwards.
3. If all the necessary information is included in the form submission, steps 4 & 5 will take place. If some information is missing or further information/clarification is required, a representative from the Customer Service team will contact you to obtain the missing information.
4. A check will be made to see if the case meets the return policy, according to our Terms and Conditions. The Customer Service team will involve Technical Support for verification if required. In case a support ticket is available, please always state this in the form to speed up the processing.
5. Once all information is received, the RMA can be registered in the ERP system.
6. Customer Service sends a notification to you about further processing. This can include the following information:
- Rejection of the RMA case
- Information about an exchange product that’s initiated
- Information about the handling of the defect/to be returned product
- Provision of a return consignment stating the address for return
7. Upon receipt of the returned product to the warehouse, and approval according to our T&C's, the case will be closed. Products that are requested to be returned and do not reach our warehouse can cause an invoice according to our T&C's.