Odense is the third biggest city in Denmark. The municipal council of Odense uses SPC Connect to help monitor and maintain public buildings such as schools, libraries, museums, gyms, housing, and government offices.
The municipality of Odense has a number of buildings under their authority. They needed a security system that would provide remote and instant access to deal with potential alarms from any location, at any time. For example, a janitor in charge of maintaining a certain number of buildings throughout the municipality could not be in all places at once should an alarm trigger. Or, if an alarm triggered in the middle of a night, the office leader would have to leave their bed and drive into the workplace to investigate. SPC Connect is helping solve this problem.
- 36 buildings in the municipality of Odense are currently protected by Vanderbilt’s SPC. Therefore, upgrading to SPC Connect was a natural progression for the municipal council.
- SPC Connect is a Cloud-based service that can be used by installers or end system users to access their systems securely. The SPC panel and Connect communicate using FlexC. This is a powerful protocol and can be used to support multiple paths such as Ethernet, GRPS, and 3G. This can ensure the system is always connected.
- With SPC Connect, the municipality of Odense’s end users are benefiting greatly from the SPC Connect app. This can be downloaded free of charge from the Apple App Store or Google Play. The app provides them with an interface that contributes clearer arming and status information and allows for remotely carrying out tasks such as controlling doors, setting or unsetting an alarm, or isolating a zone. This instant and remote access to any potential alarms helps save a huge amount of time for those involved in maintaining the system.
- For example, a janitor could be overseeing maintenance for ten or more buildings. If an alarm is triggered in one of the buildings and he happens to be working on the other side of the city, he can simply take out his smartphone, access the SPC Connect app, view the event and turn off the alarm. This saves huge time as it neutralizes the need to visit the site of the alarm and physically investigate the problem. The app overview carries out the alarm autopsy for them.
- All the user’s interactions through SPC Connect are secured with financial grade SSL security, giving peace of mind alongside powerful control.
“ SPC Connect is great for the surveillance of all panels. I can connect directly to any one of the panels, create a new user on panels locally, change calendars, and use the installer profile for remote configurations. I can view events of all panels so that I can see, for example, why there was a power failure in such and such building. It is very useful for the time management of tasks.”
- Gregers Kissow, IT Specialist at Odense Kommune.