12 Oct 2021
October Newsletter Recap
Our October newsletter was dispatched to our customer base on Thursday 7 October.
Check out some of our main highlights from the dispatch:
- Originally launched in September 2020, VCredential was developed in response to the growing trend of virtualization, a shift in the market to touchless door access, and the ever-evolving landscape of added security threats. 10 months on from that first release, VCredential has been developed further. The key feature of this new release is the simplification of the authorization process that allows customers to use Bluetooth credentials. Read More.
- ComNet’s Razberi Monitor has been nominated as a finalist in the Detektor International Awards 2021. Razberi Monitor™ is a software platform that provides a top-down view of the physical security network and ecosystem without IT resources. It monitors and manages all the system components for both cybersecurity and system health, and can be deployed from the cloud or on-premise. Read More.
- ACTpro was recently updated to version 3.2. This update includes numerous feature improvements and bug fixes. Most notably these include support via Vcredential for Bluetooth credentials, integration with AxxonSoft video (version 4.5 or later), and developments for using QR codes. Bug fixes includes support for Hikvision 256 channel NVRs and increasing the minimal password length from 9 to 20 characters. Read More.
- The NGCR Mullion Reader range has now received an IP66 rating. Ingress Protection ratings are defined in international standard EN 60529. They are used to define levels of sealing effectiveness of electrical enclosures against intrusion from foreign bodies (tools, dirt, etc.) and moisture. As a guideline, IP ratings of between 44 and 65 may be used for indoor and general outdoor use. Read More.
- Iain Deuchars and Fraser Johnston recently gave a webinar presenatation at the A&S Adria Virtual event. The presentation was titled, “Cyber Security and Health Management for your Video Surveillance and IoT solutions.” The talk covered numerous topics including Razberi, the combined solution for secured storing, hosting, transmitting and monitoring of your IoT application. View Here.
- Vanderbilt recently made further considerable inroads in the Asia Pacific market winning its first project in China which expands the existing significant footprint in South-East Asia to the North. The project is a medium-sized, 60-door installation of ACTpro for a European multinational. The project win came about through collaboration with their partner Anixter. Read More.
Our next monthly newsletter will be dispatched to our customers on Thursday, 4 November.