31 Aug 2015
Happy Third Birthday, Vanderbilt!
On August 31, 2015, Vanderbilt celebrated its third anniversary, wrapping up three years of continued growth, research and development marked with major milestones along the way.
To celebrate, members of the Vanderbilt team were greeted by President Mitchell Kane with a “thank you” for all of their hard work and dedication, and presented with a FitBit. The group looks forward to participating in daily fitness challenges in the coming months.
In addition to the celebration, Kane also reflected on the last three years and the changes the company has seen to grow its product portfolio, the business and its presence in the marketplace. Here are a number of highlights:
- The acquisition of the Security Products business from Siemens, which began in October 2014 and was completed in June 2015. The purchase fit within Vanderbilt’s strategic plans to build on the company’s solid foundation and strong legacy.
- We added some talented individuals to the Vanderbilt team, including Stephen Gaul as the new Midwest Regional Sales Manager and Larry Druien as the new Southwest Regional Sales Manager.
- In August 2014, Vanderbilt introduced the lite blue® access control solution, a 2-door Web-based access control system with expansion capabilities for up to 8 devices.
- Vanderbilt’s SMS has seen a big three years, helping boost the security operations at several big-name colleges and universities across the country, including Oregon State University and the College of Saint Rose, as well as The Boldt Company.
- Vanderbilt’s industry-leading Web-based access control system, bright blue® was recognized as a winner of the 2015 Benchmark Innovation Awards in the Access Control Hardware category. bright blue also was installed at the East Whiteland Fire Company, meeting some of the station’s important requirements, including lockdown during emergencies.
Vanderbilt looks forward to continued success in the security marketplace and beyond, delivering industry-leading solutions.