Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Technology from Vanderbilt
In the era of the smartphone, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) is transforming the future of access control. This removes the need for a physical card or tag and replaces it with a secure Bluetooth credential that communicates with the reader to grant or deny access.
As a fast follower of this technology, Vanderbilt will be introducing:
- A range of BLE readers
- A contactless door release button in the same look & feel as the Bluetooth readers
- Virtual credentials available through ACTpro Software license, including 1 FREE demo credential
- FREE end-user app for Android™ and iOS™
The BLE readers and accessories work exclusively with the new release of ACTpro Software V2.10.
Bluetooth Card Readers
What are we offering?
- BLE hardware with Vanderbilt software
- Vanderbilt virtual credentials purchased via a software licence
- Wiegand & RS485 interface options
- Compatible with MIFARE Classic & MIFARE DESFire EV1, EV2
- Compatible systems: ACT Enterprise (ACTpro Software)
Why choose Bluetooth readers?
- Smooth Migration: Reduce the total cost of ownership by extending the life of existing ACTpro system controller and hardware, while allowing a smooth migration to mobile credentials.
- Save Time & Money: Mobile credentials are time and cost-effective alternatives to managing physical credentials.
- Easy Management: Creating, deploying, and the management of access rights can be carried out by the administrator directly in ACTpro Software for easy management.
- Customer Convenience: Bluetooth removes the need for a physical credential and replaces it with a virtual credential for smartphone devices that provides customers with a smooth user experience.
- Secure: Data encryption with 128bit AES encryption and randomization. This encryption is the same grade used by banks and hospitals.
- Future-proof investment: The Bluetooth readers also act as a traditional card reader. This means users can continue using MIFARE cards and slowly migrate to the Bluetooth virtual credentials at their own pace.
- The total cost of ownership: In comparison to other brands in this area, Vanderbilt is offering a one-off license purchase as opposed to a subscription-based model that would include annual charges per virtual credential. Instead, our approach means you will have no hidden or extra costs and make big savings in the long-term.
What you need to know
A Bluetooth reader and the ACTpro software are used to add and distribute virtual credentials, much in the same way as a traditional physical card or tag is allocated to an employee or visitor.
How it works?
- The end-user downloads the Vanderbilt Bluetooth app, and registers for a credential with the system administrator (i.e., receptionist, facilities manager, etc.) Authorization can be granted both offline and online.
- The system administrator reviews and processes the request. This, in turn, sends the end-user a QR code that they save to their smartphone and link to their app to generate their credential.
- The end-user then uses the credential (via the app) when approaching doors with Vanderbilt BLE readers to gain access.
- Unique user experience with 2 identification modes for easy management: “Shake to Go” or “Show to Go”.
- IP65 water-resistant with waterproof electronics.
- Easy to install and use with enrolment software in ACTpro.
- Bluetooth End-User Flyer
- Bluetooth Installer Flyer
- VI Mobile ID App - User Guide
- ACTpro License Application Form
- Bluetooth Reader OSDP Installation Manual
- Bluetooth Reader Wiegand Installation Manual
- BLUE-EX Installation Manual
Contact us today!
Interested in learning more about Bluetooth Low Energy? Get in touch with our Sales team: