Vanderbilt Industries are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join their software team in Solna, Stockholm, Sweden. The team build and create access control software solutions under the brand name Omnis.
Technologies used in Omnis software is mainly C++, MFC, SQLBase and C#. Most of the software integrations are written in C#.
Our software integrates with a range of electronic hardware components, including access control controllers, intrusion panels, wireless locks, DVRs, cameras, and security equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Full stack development (GUI, business logic and database)
- Design, implementation, test and maintenance of software across the life-cycle
- Building software that integrates with a range of hardware devices (controllers, intrusion alarm panels, DVRs, cameras)
- On roadmap is VCredential integration and an Omnis Web portal.
- Working in an Agile (Scrum) development environment
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Computer Science or Engineering)
- Extensive working experience in software development with C++ and MFC (minimum 5 years)
- C# (minimum 2 years)
- Must be experienced in the full software life-cycle including analysis, design, coding, testing and deployment
- Experience working with relational databases, preferably SQLBase
- Knowledge and practice of TCP/IP and networking
- Strong background in applying common SW practices, such as: design patterns, refactoring, separation of concerns, inversion of control, dependency injection etc.
Preferred (would be advantageous)
- Experience in Intrusion or Access control systems
- Azure DevOps
- Web security
- Software development experience with Blazor, .Net Core and related web technologies
- Experience working with embedded devices or IoT
- Experience designing and building public APIs to support third-party developers
- Some basic understandings of electronics
- Embedded Linux experience
- Experience in firmware development on hardware devices running Linux or freeRTOS (C and C++)
- The role requires flexibility and agility, with the willingness to take on a variety of roles in a full-stack environment. No job is too big or too small to take on.
- Must be happy working with a team in an Agile environment (Scrum)
- Excellent written and spoken English and Swedish