Vanderbilt Industries are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join their software team in Dublin. The team build and create access control and intrusion software solutions for customers across the world. The award-winning solutions include our cloud-based SPC Connect intrusion system, the on-premises ACTEnterprise solution and our cloud-based ACT365 product (hosted on Azure).
Our software integrates with a range of electronic hardware components, including access control controllers, intrusion panels, wireless locks, DVRs, cameras, and security equipment. In addition, we support public APIs for third-party developers to connect to and integrate with our solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Full stack development (GUI, business logic and database)
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of software across the life-cycle
- Building software that integrates with a range of hardware devices (controllers, intrusion alarm panels, DVRs, cameras)
- Working in an Agile (Scrum) development environment
- The role may involve DevOps depending on the interest of the candidate
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Computer Science or Engineering)
- Extensive working experience in software development with Microsoft C# .NET technologies (minimum 2 years)
- Must be experienced in the full software life-cycle including analysis, design, coding, testing and deployment
- Experience working with relational databases, preferably SQL Server
- Knowledge and practice of TCP/IP and networking
- Strong background in applying common SW practices, such as: design patterns, refactoring, separation of concerns, inversion of control, dependency injection etc.
Preferred (would be advantageous)
- Azure DevOps
- Azure services such as Redis caching, load balancers, IoT event hubs
- Web security
- Experience working with embedded devices or IoT
- Experience designing and building public APIs to support third-party developers
- The role requires flexibility and agility, with the willingness to take on a variety of roles in a full-stack environment. No job is too big or too small to take on.
- Must be happy working with a team in an Agile environment (Scrum)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Rare travel and fieldwork, possibly including international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid Passport.