Vanderbilt is a global provider of security systems, operating efficiently in 95 countries. Vanderbilt designs, manufactures and distributes systems that safeguard environments and organizations of all sizes. Agility, adaptability, and dependability are distinctive marks of the Vanderbilt brand and these decisive traits satisfy a broad variety of customers’ application needs across banking, education, healthcare, retail, and more. Our product lines include access control, intrusion and video. To learn more, please visit www.vanderbiltindustries.com, or follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Vanderbilt Industries are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join their Access Control software team in Dublin. The team build and create access control software solutions for customers across the world. The award-winning solutions include our on-premises ACTEnterprise solution and our cloud-based ACT365 product (hosted on Azure). We are in a period of rapid expansion and require an experienced developer to expand the team.
Our software integrates with a range of electronic hardware components, including access control controllers, wireless locks, DVRs, cameras, and security equipment. In addition, we support public APIs for third-party developers to connect to and integrate with our solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Full stack development (GUI, business logic and database)
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of software across the life-cycle
- Building software that integrates with a range of hardware devices (controllers, DVRs, cameras, alarm panels)
- Working in an Agile development environment
- The role may involve DevOps depending on the interest of the candidate
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Computer Science or Engineering)
- Extensive working experience in software development with Microsoft C# .NET technologies (minimum 3-5 years)
- Must be experienced in the full software life-cycle including analysis, design, coding, testing and deployment
- Extensive knowledge and application of object-oriented software principles, including software design patterns
- Extensive experience working with relational databases, preferably SQL Server
- Knowledge and practice of TCP/IP and networking is a big advantage
- Experience working with embedded devices or IoT
- Experience designing and building public APIs to support third-party developers is an advantage
- The role requires flexibility and agility, with the willingness to take on a variety of roles in a full-stack environment. No job is too big or too small to take on.
- Experience of working with a team in an Agile environment (Scrum) would be preferable
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Some travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid Passport.