Software Architect (Cloud platform)
ACRE are aligned with key industry evolution, focusing on authentication, infrastructure, and the convergence of systems and technologies to support future-proofing customers through the advancement of value-based solutions that deliver superior, seamless user experiences.
Operating efficiently worldwide, ACRE take care in delivering exceptional security and transmission solutions that safeguard peace of mind across a broad variety of customer application needs including banking, education, healthcare, retail, and more.
Our core values focus on a culture of empowerment in a collaborative environment. Combined with a forward-thinking market approach that aims to deliver high-performance results, we ensure to first approach every solution through the viewpoint of our customers. These characteristics are the distinctive marks of ACRE and the foundation of our drive to become the number one solutions provider in the markets we serve.
Visit www.acre-int.com for more information.
With a portfolio of cloud-based solutions and on-premise hardware for access control, intrusion detection, transmission & connectivity, visitor management and video surveillance, the next step in the evolution of ACRE is to enable interoperability between products and to provide a unified view of all existing users, events and data currently stored within each product.
To make this happen, a new team is being formed to build and scale a new cloud-native platform that will:
- Give our customers and technology partners the ability to use and manage our products from the cloud, integrating our cloud-native and on-premise products into the cloud platform for seamless user experience
- Enable the creation of innovative security services leveraging data analysis of user activities and the integration of our hardware products and software solutions
- Play a pivotal role in the evolution of our business, giving stakeholders a single pane of glass to understand our customers, their use of our products and the opportunities ahead
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to join the team as Software Architect to define the architecture and the building blocks of the new cloud platform, and standardize components and tools that will be instrumental to the development of the new platform and the integration of all ACRE solutions and systems.
About the job
- A team of 10 people dedicated to work on this cloud platform, having fun in the process
- A hiring manager that you can reach out to if you would like to have an informal chat first
- A flexible working model to be defined depending on the location and needs of the team members
- A clear business goal and purpose with freedom to innovate, and a leading role in defining tools and processes instrumental to the success of the cloud platform and the wider R&D department
- A multi-year project backed by a multi-year investment
Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)
- Design of overall platform architecture, with focus on modularity, scalability, extensibility, resilience and security
- Definition of the building blocks within the platform and of the integration components to achieve interoperability with on-premise solutions
- Own day to day operations of the platform, ensuring all services and components involved are proactively managed together with the rest of the team
- Liaise with other teams and stakeholders within ACRE to translate requirements and constraints (compliance, certifications, legal) into architectural choices and map them into components and modules chosen for the platform, to evolve the platform along with the evolution of our business
- Work with other team members in the definition of best practices and standardization of tools to make all activities as lean, repeatable and automated as possible
Education and/or Professional Experience
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or related discipline) or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in software development with specific focus on cloud platforms
- Experience working with AWS, Azure or GCP and their solutions for IAM, database services, data streaming and storage, queue and messaging services, serverless and compute services, database, API and security services, automation
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture, dev-ops tools and principles
- Holistic but realistic vision: able to break down high-level architectural design into modular components and map those capabilities into services of the chosen cloud provider
- Excellent problem-solving skills and go-get attitude, willing to validate architectural choices and prototype components with hands-on coding if necessary (Go, Node.JS or Python preferred)
- Happy to start in a green field scenario, to fail fast and adapt quickly, with preference to lean MVP development rather than lengthy documentation and spec definition cycles
- The ability to do all of the above facing uncertainties and unexpected problems but still keeping a positive and friendly attitude
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Team player and excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage multiple tasks to a tight deadline
- Very good command of English language both written and verbal