Senior Firmware Engineer
As an Senior Firmware Engineer you will be part of the Swedish R&D team in Solna. The Solna R&D Team is responsible for developing the access and intrusion system, Omnis. You will develop, maintain, and improve our products together with other project team members. Focus is on firmware development for our new and existing hardware platforms. You will be part of the Swedish R&D team. As a team we are in close collaboration with the main development department located in Dublin, Ireland on a daily basis.
In your daily work you will be using Scrum and the following tools to cooperate: SVN, git, Azure DevOps. You will mainly program in C and C++ in a Linux environment. Our controllers use both Linux and RTOS operating systems. You have a general understanding of digital electronics and can use, e.g., a Lauterbach debugger and various lab equipment, such as oscilloscopes, signal analyzers etc. for debugging purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Participate in design, implementation, testing and optimization of features on all embedded products in the portfolio
- Review and refactor code, fix issues, collaborate with product and application engineering teams to help improve the complete system
- Create and maintain technical documentation for developed software modules and features
- Firmware development for product manufacturing test (e.g. test fixtures, PC level test, test procedures etc.) in order to ensure optimal cost and quality of products supplied by EMS manufacturers
- Approvals and Compliance - Ensuring firmware modules designed to comply with relevant standards
- Stay up to date of new technologies and trends
Key Experience and Competences
- Electronic Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Expert skills in “C” and “C++” firmware development.
- Expert skills in development for Linux
- RTOS experience
- Experience with JTAG debugging
- SCRUM methodology
- High speed data communication and experience with communication protocols, TCP/IP, RS232, RS485
- Experience with Echelon LonWorks
- The role requires flexibility and agility, with the willingness to take on a variety of roles in a full-stack environment.
- Experience of working with a team in an Agile environment (Scrum)
- Excellent written and spoken Swedish and English
Vanderbilt offers the chance to be a part of a fast-growing international business where you have the potential to grow and influence and make an impact.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!Apply