Senior Electronic Engineer
Vanderbilt is a global provider of security systems, operating efficiently in 95 countries. Vanderbilt designs, manufactures and distributes systems that safeguard environments and organizations of all sizes. Agility, adaptability, and dependability are distinctive marks of the Vanderbilt brand and these decisive traits satisfy a broad variety of customers’ application needs across banking, education, healthcare, retail, and more. Our product lines include access control, intrusion, and video. To learn more, please visit www.vanderbiltindustries.com, or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Vanderbilt Industries is expanding its R&D team in Dublin and is seeking a Senior Electronic Engineer to ensure its products are developed to the highest standards. You will be responsible for the design of embedded electronic products in the Vanderbilt Product Line portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Complete Electronic System Design for the Access Control and Security sector
- Hardware/Firmware Design and Development on embedded based devices
- New Product Introduction to manufacturing (includes all manufacturing data and test)
- Firmware development for product manufacturing test
- Troubleshoot board level problems with JTAG debugger
- Working in an Agile development environment
Education and/or Experience
- Degree in Electronic Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ post-graduate experience in hardware and firmware development
- Strong practical knowledge of electronic hardware and firmware design
- Experience with embedded microprocessor device driver development
- Experience in high-speed 32-bit microprocessor systems and ARM design experience
- Experience in code architectural, design and development of complex embedded firmware
- Strong practical knowledge of electronics and the manufacturing processes
- Expert skills in “C” firmware development.
- High-speed data communication and experience of TCP/IP, RS232, RS485
- Telecommunications protocols – GSM, 3G/4G
- Digital audio/image compression
- Experience with any low-level communication protocols (i2C, SPI)
- Clear and concise documentation skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate will work primarily in an office environment, within a well-ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
Some travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore the employee must possess or can acquire a valid Passport.Apply