Vanderbilt is a global provider of security systems, operating efficiently in 95 countries. Vanderbilt designs, manufactures systems that safeguard environments and organizations of all sizes. Agility, adaptability, and dependability are distinctive marks of the Vanderbilt brand and these decisive traits satisfy a broad variety of customers’ application needs across banking, education, healthcare, retail, and more. Our product lines include access control, intrusion and transmission. To learn more, please visit www.vanderbiltindustries.com, or follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
We require a Sales Manager to develop the customer base and achieve sales targets in a defined territory that meet the strategic requirements of the Company. The successful candidate would be promoting the Access Control & Intrusion product lines and report directly to the UK Country Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Devise, and implement sales strategies to extend and develop the business
- Target and develop new sales relationships
- Develop and manage key strategic Vanderbilt accounts
- Manage the sales process from start to finish
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the market and competitors
- Provide market intelligence to the business
- Provide reports and information as required to the Country Manager
Education and/or Experience
- A third level qualification in a technical or business-related discipline
- Possess excellent communication and presentations skills to present detailed proposals to clients
- Experience of the security industry where Access Control and Intrusion would be beneficial
- Competent with Microsoft Office and working within a CRM environment (Salesforce)
- Proven track record in business development
- Ability to develop strong business relationships with channel partners
- A successful history of business to business sales
Work Environment & Requirements
- Ability to work independently and on their own initiative
- Attendance at trade shows and other events outside of the defined territory but within the UK is required
- Required to operate from a home office depending on their place of residence
- Full UK driving licence
- As there will be occasional international travel the employee must possess a valid Passport.