About Vanderbilt and ComNet
Vanderbilt and ComNet provide technology-enabled electronic security, access control, transmission, and connectivity solutions to help secure the highest valued assets for our system user clientele.
Operating efficiently worldwide, Vanderbilt and ComNet take care in delivering exceptional security and transmission solutions that safeguard peace of mind across a broad variety of customer application needs including banking, education, healthcare, retail, and more.
Our core values focus on a culture of empowerment in a collaborative environment. Combined with a forward-thinking market approach that aims to deliver high-performance results, we ensure to first approach every solution through the viewpoint of our customers. These characteristics are the distinctive marks of the Vanderbilt and ComNet brands and the foundation of our drive to become the number one solutions provider in the markets we serve.
The Product Manager is responsible for supporting the development of the product portfolio vision and strategy, defining and prioritizing feature requests and supporting new product introductions. This role will work closely with other disciplines throughout the organization to develop smart, cohesive product delivery plans, that align with the company strategy. The person in this position will look after the product management of XaaS solutions and how to use Technology-as-a-Service. It’s important to understand subscription models and how to turn hardware driven Solutions to service models.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Translate customer, market, business and strategic requirements into functional/system specifications, with a view to creating innovative, competitive and sustainable product roadmaps.
- Responsible for complete product lifecycle management of assigned security product portfolio.
- Evaluate and define project prioritizations based on market insight, product line strategy and company goals.
- In co-operation with the sales organization, identify and evaluate new product opportunities which will lead to increased competitiveness and revenues.
- Carry out competitive product benchmarking in close co-operation with product experts, sales and R&D.
- Plan and support new product introductions including tasks such as, requirement definition, feature prioritization, implementation sign-offs, field readiness, product documentation and market launch.
Education and/or Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Information Technology, Marketing/Business or other related field
- 2+ years’ experience in product or portfolio management or equivalent
- Experience within the security industry sector is an advantage
- Experience in Product Lifecycle Management and New Product Development (Knowledge of agile development methodologies and tools is preferred)
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience in the business category of subscription services
- Experience in building/operating/supporting services
- Capture instrumentation and KPI’s across in the business to identify areas of focus, improvement, and development
- Manage the execution of service-related initiatives and projects within the company both from a strategic and operational perspective
- Work with the PM Team on the pricing strategy for services based on growth and profitability objectives
- Create product positioning and messaging for marketing activities
- An ability to clearly, concisely and effectively communicate a number of diverse topics to a variety of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to work tactfully and respectfully with a wide variety of individuals, stakeholders, and partners
- Strategic thinking ability with balanced analytical and creative approach. Understand how Technology-as-a-Service which can solve customer problems and can engage in the details with the engineering team
- Proven ability to interact with people at all levels, from different disciplines within a multi-cultural organization
- Familiarity with and ability to capably review qualitative and quantitative data to derive strategic roadmaps
- Great attention to detail but base your strategy on the big picture objectives
- Knowledge of customer complaint resolution and quality processes
- Languages: English mandatory; any other language (e.g. German, French, Italian) is a plus
Work Environment / Requirements
- Some travel is required, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid passport
- Employee will work primarily in an office environment