Head of IT
About Vanderbilt and ComNet
Vanderbilt and ComNet provide technology-enabled electronic security, access control, transmission, and connectivity solutions to help secure the highest valued assets for our system user clientele.
Operating efficiently in 95 countries, Vanderbilt and ComNet take care in delivering exceptional security and transmission solutions that safeguard peace of mind across a broad variety of customer application needs including banking, education, healthcare, retail, and more.
Our core values focus on a culture of empowerment in a collaborative environment. Combined with a forward-thinking market approach that aims to deliver high-performance results, we ensure to first approach every solution through the viewpoint of our customers. These characteristics are the distinctive marks of the Vanderbilt and ComNet brands and the foundation of our drive to become the number one solutions provider in the markets we serve.
The Head of IT will be an experienced IT professional, ideally with a range of experience in service management, motivating staff, delivering innovation, ensuring robust infrastructure, managing Service Level Agreements and risks
You will be flexible and agile in your approach, being able to adapt to different circumstances
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Develop and grows the IT team into a highly functioning, efficient, and effective team.
- Oversee all information technology operations and evaluates them in line with corporate strategy and established goals
- Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of all internal and external IT support systems to agreed scope and plan.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organisation.
- Innovating processes, procedures and engagement to improve service
- Work with key business functions and users to evaluate and identify the technology platforms for delivering the company's products and internal services.
- Provide the Leadership Team with effective and proactive updates and reporting on IT related matters
- Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish and maintain partnerships with IT providers
- Responsible for all areas of IT Security and Compliance
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organisation to ensure optimal performance
- Ensure that the portfolio is managed and delivered to a defined budget
Education and/or Experience
- BSc/BA in computer science, MSc/MA a plus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Expertise in IT governance, compliance and project management
- Understanding Data warehousing / Business Intelligence / Data Architecture
- Experience in analysis, evaluation and implementation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (HW/SW), networks and applications
- Experience of working effectively at senior levels across the business and contributing successfully to strategic business agenda
- Experience of building and managing relationships with 3rd parties to ensure best value and high-quality services are delivered
- Excellent communication and proven people management skills - Project Management skills are desirable
- Someone who has a can-do attitude and is happy to get involved at a technical, hands-on level if required but is also able to take a whole business view of every situation
- An interest in and understanding of IT and Software / Database Technology
- Excellent written and spoken English
Some travel and fieldwork including international travel; therefore, the successful candidate must possess or can acquire a valid Passport.Apply