Global Pricing Director
United States of America
The Global Pricing Director (GPD) ensures the implementation of the ACRE wide pricing policy and determining the appropriate pricing of ACRE’s products and services. The GPD will interact with the business to increase awareness and competence of revenue management and pricing excellence.
While the ultimate responsibility is to set the right price lies with the operating units, the GPD strengthens ACRE’s strategies, processes and tools in the area of price management.
The successful candidate will cooperate with the stakeholders of the operating units and especially the global product owners by sharing best practices and applying established pricing practices across the group.
The GPD plays a key role by demonstrating the importance of price and revenue management and stimulates training and promotion of pricing practices. The director will play an important role in business pre-planning and strategy development.
The GPD closely monitors the external environment and develops pricing plans to ensure ACRE remains competitive while improving our profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
Working closely with the business stakeholders the GPD’s responsibilities will include:
Strategy and modelling
- Define and implement an ACRE wide pricing maturity level understanding which includes clear insights of current status, desired outcome as well as pricing journey for the company, including but not limited to:
- Transactional pricing and reporting (incl. pricing leakage)
- Portfolio mix and pricing/margin leverage and quantify impact
- Perpetual and annual services
- Value based pricing
- Customer value management
- Develop the pricing roadmap aligned with the company strategy and profitability goals.
- Implement, communicate and drive ACRE wide pricing strategies, processes, tools, goalsetting and common KPI’s to measure performance. This includes automation of pricing processes.
- Implement, communicate, drive and govern global and regional pricing strategies and requirements.
- Implement, communicate and drive ACRE’s differentiated pricing models towards end users and value adding resellers and distributors.
- Support sales, solution marketing and product management in external price positioning. Processes
- Optimize existing and implement new pricing for recurring revenue offerings.
- Establish and enforce pricing guidelines for ACRE’s products and services.
- Develop supporting documents to successfully implement pricing strategies, including playbooks and descriptive presentations.
- Assist in integrating pricing processes and tools in operational workflows, including guiding the product owners in value based pricing execution. This includes developing processes to update pricing of SKUs on a frequent basis.
- Analyze existing regional and customer pricing agreements and implement and own a standard corporate approach to deviated pricing agreements.
- Plan price changes, determine implementation steps and support regional sales teams.
- Set ACRE’s global framework for quoting review and product/project proposals ensuring key commercial terms are protected with agreed pricing.
- Drive awareness and understanding of role and importance of pricing in profitable business growth.
- Study market trends and customer pricing behavior, support ACRE in determining the most effective pricing implementation. This will involve analyzing sales data, cost structures and competitor’s pricing and industry trends to make recommendations on how to price ACRE’s products and services.
- Analyze of quantitative and qualitive data, communicate findings and recommend pricing strategies.
- Review business performances including pricing performances to share experiences and identify best practices.
- Set up and report monthly, quarterly and annually reviews to present forecast and outcome of implemented pricing strategies. This includes tight governance of global pricing, reporting on variances and escalating as needed.
- Give insight to the supply chain/purchasing/product owner teams on required landing cost requirements to maintain and grow the company’s margins.
- Degree in Business Administration or related field added with degree in a quantitative field (e.g. maths, statistics, computer science, physics, engineering, economics)
- Solid experience in data modelling and analysis, statistics, and causal inference
- Proficiency in translating business objectives into models that lead to actionable recommendations
- Proven pricing experience in both hardware and XaaS services driven businesses.
- Modern business tool competence such as Excel, PowerPoint, SalesForce, Cubeware, Tableau or other BI tools and understanding of CPQ tools etc.
- Strong 5 years+ track record in end user and channel pricing strategies and implementation.
- Experience working with a pricing software is nice to have
- Understanding of commercial business processes and experience in global organizations
- Exceptional project management skills - exhibit strong follow-through and accountability, high attention to detail.
- Well versed and ideally solid technical industry experience.
- Good at owning, structuring, and driving multiple projects that routinely require independent judgement, trade-offs or prioritization.
- Respectful team player but strong change agent.
- Culturally aware with broad international experience.
- Strategic thinker, analytical and problem solver with the ability to be hands-on
- Highly goal oriented and possess excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to influence effectively - both with and without direct authority
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication
- Ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity with poise and diplomacy.
- Aligning diverse (and sometimes conflicting) stakeholder interests.
- Reliable and able to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work well with senior leaders and peers.
- Working effectively in a global, virtual environment with people at all organizational levels.
- Tenacious and convincing.
Qualifications / Experience:
Competencies and Skills