General Accountant (Part-Time)
ACRE are aligned with key industry evolution, focusing on authentication, infrastructure, and the convergence of systems and technologies to support future-proofing customers through the advancement of value-based solutions that deliver superior, seamless user experiences.
Operating efficiently worldwide, ACRE take care in delivering exceptional security and transmission solutions that safeguard peace of mind across a broad variety of customer application needs including banking, education, healthcare, retail, and more.
Our core values focus on a culture of empowerment in a collaborative environment. Combined with a forward-thinking market approach that aims to deliver high-performance results, we ensure to first approach every solution through the viewpoint of our customers. These characteristics are the distinctive marks of ACRE and the foundation of our drive to become the number one solutions provider in the markets we serve.
Visit www.acre-int.com for more information.
The General Accountant will be responsible for ensuring accurate reporting of transactions in the accounting system for a number of companies in the ACRE International Group in Europe. They will interact and work closely with members of the finance organization, business units and other stakeholders, while providing support in treasury, credit and collection matters. This role is a part time position (approx. 17.5 or 20 hours per week) and will report to the Accounting Manager located in Wiesbaden, Germany.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Prepare asset, liability, capital and expense account entries, documents financial transactions by entering account information in compliance with financial reporting requirements
- Analysis and reconciliation of accounts, recording of journal entries, supplier invoice processing and disbursements, management of monthly expense accruals
- Monitor of bank balances, preparation of daily cash status and short/mid-term liquidity forecasts
- Accounts Payable accounting and management of payment transactions
- Payroll accounting in collaboration with HR, payroll manager and external service providers.
- T&E administration
- Tax support, preparation of statutory financial statements and tax returns and in liaison with external tax advisers
- Administration of transfer pricing and cost allocation schedules in cooperation with Accounting Manager
- Support in the appropriate accounting treatment for complex transactions
- Foster efficient and collaborative relationships with external parties, e.g. suppliers, banks, tax advisers, auditors
- Manage and execute special projects on an as needed basis
Education and/or Professional Experience
- Qualified / chartered accountant
- 5+ years of experience within a finance organization and/or shared services environment
- Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and country GAAP
- Understanding of key legal and fiscal obligations for the nominated entities covered through shared services
- Flexible and adaptable with ability to work cross functionally within an organization
- Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal, additional languages an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, be flexible and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Proficient in the use of advanced ERP system
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications
- Customer service orientation and demonstrated problem resolution skills
- Some travel and fieldwork potentially including international travel, therefore, employee must possess or can acquire a valid passport and has the ability to travel.