About Vanderbilt and ComNet
Vanderbilt and ComNet provide technology-enabled electronic security, access control, transmission, and connectivity solutions to help secure the highest valued assets for our system user clientele.
Operating efficiently worldwide, Vanderbilt and ComNet take care in delivering exceptional security and transmission solutions that safeguard peace of mind across a broad variety of customer application needs including banking, education, healthcare, retail, and more.
Our core values focus on a culture of empowerment in a collaborative environment. Combined with a forward-thinking market approach that aims to deliver high-performance results, we ensure to first approach every solution through the viewpoint of our customers. These characteristics are the distinctive marks of the Vanderbilt and ComNet brands and the foundation of our drive to become the number one solutions provider in the markets we serve.
Designing and implementing software for embedded intrusion and access control systems. Development of code in the c-language, testing and debugging system software. Improvement of performance, stability and efficiency of system code through analysis, debugging and coding.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Design and implementation of embedded product features
- Support with QA to analyse, debug and implement solutions
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Review code and design
- Work with production to help deploy products
- The creation of technical documentation for firmware
- Keeping abreast of all technologies relevant to product design
Education and/or Experience
- Electronic Engineering Degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years post graduate experience in firmware development, including:
o Programming in c-language
o Microprocessor research and design
o 32-bit microprocessor or ARM design experience
- RTOS experience
- Experience with source code control
- Experience with JTAG debugging
- Solid programming in c-language
- Good understanding of reading microprocessor schematics
- Understanding of some of the following an advantage:
o USB, TCPUSB, TCP/IP, RS485, GSM, i2C, SPI
- Working knowledge of agile processes
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- A strong team player
- Very good command of the English language both written and verbal
Work Environment & Requirements
- Employee will work primarily in an office environment.
- Some travel and fieldwork potentially including international travel.