Director of Product Management
About Vanderbilt and ComNet
Vanderbilt and ComNet provide technology-enabled electronic security, access control, transmission, and connectivity solutions to help secure the highest valued assets for our system user clientele.
Operating efficiently in 95 countries, Vanderbilt and ComNet take care in delivering exceptional security and transmission solutions that safeguard peace of mind across a broad variety of customer application needs including banking, education, healthcare, retail, and more.
Our core values focus on a culture of empowerment in a collaborative environment. Combined with a forward-thinking market approach that aims to deliver high-performance results, we ensure to first approach every solution through the viewpoint of our customers. These characteristics are the distinctive marks of the Vanderbilt and ComNet brands and the foundation of our drive to become the number one solutions provider in the markets we serve.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Product Management who is technical, collaborative, and truly excited about building and maintaining great products.
The Director of Product Management (DPM) is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements and defining the product vision to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The DPM’s role also includes ensuring that each product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals. The success of this position is to drive the product strategy working with colleagues across departments and internationally. Reporting to the President of ACRE International, the role will work cross-functionally with R&D and Marketing to deliver world-class solutions. The DPM will bring focus and precision to the details of the product requirements and design, while establishing a strong vision of the product life cycle in our markets. The DPM will have an opportunity to contribute in a direct and visible way by successfully executing roadmap strategies and bringing valuable, highly differentiated and elegantly designed capabilities to market.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Help build and manage our common operational processes and assets that cross all products through product design and specification, overall product quality, and tactical execution, driving our roadmap, product plans and releases.
- Develop product and project management processes and advance product development methodologies to enhance user experience, product and feature prioritization, and release planning.
- Maintain and communicate product launch and schedule.
- Motivate and lead the team to build a customer-centric approach to product management
- Establish metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvements.
- Work closely with R&D to align on the product roadmap and its delivery, through ideation, testing, validation, and execution. Work in an Agile Product Development process creating well-thought-out and consumable user stories.
- Balance market needs, competitive offerings, customer enhancement requests and company strategy to propose new offerings.
- Manage the collection, description, analysis and prioritization of requests for new product functionality from customers, prospects, partners, sales, and market-driven forces.
- Synthesize ideas on strategy, planning and execution of next generation of products. Build consensus and drive execution.
- Manage the requirements of new features with a careful eye on product usability and end-user efficiency.
- Collaborate with the executive team on messaging, value proposition, and differentiation to develop go to market strategy and ensure successful launch and positioning of our offerings.
- Measure and analyse the performance of product initiatives against KPIs, and other metrics.
- Monitor and keep abreast with industry trends and competitors to identify and respond to new opportunities based on market research, trends, market demand, and customer feedback and requests.
- Analyse partnership opportunities for products and/or integrated solutions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above in technical or business-related fields
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Director of Product Management, managing complex, multi-brand technical product portfolios
- Proven ability to set a vision, excite and lead (directly and / or by influence) cross-functional multidisciplinary teams to achieve a product vision
- Experience in collaborating on an international level
- Strategic planning capability and internal and external engagement in the strategy
- Exceptional communication skills, including writing and executive presentations
- Proven people management skills
- Someone who has a can-do attitude and is happy to get involved at a technical, hands-on level if required but is also able to take a whole business view of every situation
- Ability to provide mentorship to junior product and project managers
Some travel and fieldwork including international travel; therefore, the successful candidate must possess or can acquire a valid passport.Apply