Data Warehousing and BI Architect
ACRE are aligned with key industry evolution, focusing on authentication, infrastructure, and the convergence of systems and technologies to support future-proofing customers through the advancement of value-based solutions that deliver superior, seamless user experiences.
Operating efficiently worldwide, ACRE take care in delivering exceptional security and transmission solutions that safeguard peace of mind across a broad variety of customer application needs including banking, education, healthcare, retail, and more.
Our core values focus on a culture of empowerment in a collaborative environment. Combined with a forward-thinking market approach that aims to deliver high-performance results, we ensure to first approach every solution through the viewpoint of our customers. These characteristics are the distinctive marks of the ACRE brands and the foundation of our drive to become the number one solutions provider in the markets we serve.
Visit www.acresecurity.com for more information.
We are seeking a talented ambitious Data Warehousing and BI Architect to join a small team of Data Warehousing and BI engineers. The successful candidate will be a senior member of the team as we are about to build our next generation data solutions. This is a hands on role and is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual with an energetic and enthusiastic approach who wishes to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment, designing and implementing our future state for Data Warehousing and BI.
A proven technical track record leading Data Warehousing and BI engineers is essential as well as experience of managing 3rd party service providers. You will need a demonstrated ability to shape the outcomes of teams to match Technical and Business strategy. The ability to influence and motivate team members, senior business stakeholders is of paramount importance.
Our technological platform is evolving as we apply new and emerging technologies to our expanding business. The Data Warehousing and BI Architect will manage our data and analytics solutions at and support a global user base as part of a wider team. The nature of our business demands high levels of agility, which in turn requires our team to be technically superior. If you are eager to join a team that is about to transform its BI and Data service for acre security, this is the job for you!
The Data Warehousing and BI Architect will report to the Head of IT Business Solutions and will work closely with all areas of the IT department to deliver first class reporting services to the company.
The Data Warehousing and BI Architect will focus on ensuring that our business is provided with best-fit IT Data Warehousing and BI solutions which complement and facilitate the successful delivery of key strategic goals. while also managing and developing key 3rd party relationships. The Data Warehousing and BI Architect closely collaborates with the functional business departments as well as external experts in order to ensure that our business can perform and develop effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership and strategic direction,
- Designing, developing and implementing data strategy, data collection, transformation, data integration and data analytics solutions,
- Collaborating with the Data/BI team and business leads to identify data requirements and influence project artefacts,
- Evaluate and select appropriate data integration tools, technologies and frameworks to optimise data flow and transformation processes,
- Providing technical guidance as SME and hands on delivery team member across our global business,
- Shaping and managing engagement teams as needed,
- Owns the Data Architecture and BI service. Manages, develops, prioritises and recommends initiatives to improve and build upon the data and BI architecture to support the business,
- Collaborates and supports a small team of talented Data Engineers and BI Engineers,
- Ensures full alignment with our Business and Technology Strategy,
- Working with key stakeholders, develop strategies for leveraging data and BI to gain deeper business insights,
- Ensure optimum and consistent process is developed and followed to create superior solutions delivering scale, performance, resilience and other key engineering principles,
- Design and overseas the development of data and analytics solutions, automated tests, documentation, and related processes to meet and exceed the requirements of the business,
- Lead the technical design efforts for solutions. Lead and own architecture discussions at a portfolio level and engage with enterprise architecture initiatives,
- Estimate development effort for the wider technical solution being developed and work with key stakeholder to build our Datawarehouse and BI roadmaps,
- Mentor, coach and nurture members of the squad in the technical and business domains
- Advance the technical and design skills of the squad,
- Embrace the culture and consistently demonstrate it in daily activities.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years demonstrable experience implementing and managing Data Warehouse and BI solutions in a corporate environment,
- 3rd level qualification in IT, • Deep working experience with SQL Database, SQL SSIS, SQL Analysis Services,
- Solid knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI or other platforms,
- Proficiency in SQL and familiarity with at least one programming language (e.g., Python),
- Extensive hands-on experience with data integration technologies and tools such as ETL/ELT platforms (e.g; Mulesoft, Low- Code, API) and data integration frameworks,
- Exposure to Mergers and Acquisitions, creating a ‘future state’ would be desirable,
- A self-motivated, driven, flexible, quick learning, high achieving, “can do” mentality,
- An ability to work well independently and as part of a team,
- Exposure to Cubeware(preferable),
- Proven recording architecting large scale global data solutions,
- Working experience in cloud service such as Microsoft Azure,
- A passion for learning new concepts and technologies,
- Experience working and building solutions with Power BI or similar data visualisation tools,
- Strong acumen for stakeholder management and influencing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving acumen,
- Effective communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills with a customer-first mindset,
- Proven ability to influence and steer stakeholders and service providers at all hierarchical levels,
- Adept at establishing and developing a successful IT Business Solutions service portfolio in a multi-cultural corporate environment,
- A strong team player, who enjoys and thrives on working as part of a dynamic team,
- Comfortable working alone, displaying confidence in own ability,
- Strong innovative and proactive mindset,
- A keen eye for detail.
- Some travel and fieldwork potentially, including international travel