Under the guidance of the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, covers group controlling and management reporting tasks and responsibilities of Vanderbilt International. Serves as strong interface between FP&A and Accounting functions, acts as business partner for Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Involved in the provision of key business insight into material cost development, identifies product, supplier and pricing trends that drive financial performance, monitors and highlights the interdependencies between business decisions and contribution margin evolution (incl. simulation and scenario planning)
- Monitoring and updating of moving average cost
- Coverage of the periodical inventory valuation process, determination of necessary provisions for obsolescence in line with the established methodology. Includes coordination of counter-measures in coordination with Operations.
- Supporting the RMA approval process (replacements/credits)
- Supporting and monitoring the customer claim process (incl. maintenance of business risk accruals schedule)
- Warranty provision calculation and maintenance of the provision model
- Cost Centre Budget & Forecast support (act as Finance Partner for dedicated departments as well as monthly variance analysis of cost centre reports
- Perform forecasting and annual budget preparation (material cost calculations, indirect cost of sales, capex and cost centre expenses)
- Approval cost tracking (maintain internal orders in SAP and provide reports to Compliance Mgr.)
- Contributes to the timely, complete, accurate and consistent preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting in line with company and legal standards
- Supports in analysing and commenting financial results and company performance, variance analysis, preparation of periodical business review presentations
- Collaborates with Accounting concerning year-end work with auditors and public authorities
- Assists in special projects as required.
Education and/or Experience
- Qualified Controller
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Finance and / or Controlling, or degree in a related field
- 5+ years controlling experience within a Finance organisation and / or similar
- Sound SAP experience (MM/FI/CO)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of BI Tools (e. g. Cubeware) a plus.
- Good financial reporting and analytical skills
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Social competence to facilitate the development and maintenance of effective working relationships with all finance and business customers
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, be flexible and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to establish completion timelines and meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to take responsibility for results and to recommend solutions to challenges
- Ability to think creatively and be resourceful within the context of financial planning
- English Fluent
- Practical knowledge of electronics and the manufacturing processes a plus.
Work Environment & Requirements
- Employee will work primarily in an office environment.
- Some travel and fieldwork potentially including international travel.