Area Sales Manager
About Vanderbilt and ComNet
Vanderbilt and ComNet provide technology-enabled electronic security, access control, transmission, and connectivity solutions to help secure the highest valued assets for our system user clientele.
Operating efficiently worldwide, Vanderbilt and ComNet take care in delivering exceptional security and transmission solutions that safeguard peace of mind across a broad variety of customer application needs including banking, education, healthcare, retail, and more.
Our core values focus on a culture of empowerment in a collaborative environment. Combined with a forward-thinking market approach that aims to deliver high-performance results, we ensure to first approach every solution through the viewpoint of our customers. These characteristics are the distinctive marks of the Vanderbilt and ComNet brands and the foundation of our drive to become the number one solutions provider in the markets we serve.
Vanderbilt is seeking an Area Sales Manager who will be responsible for developing the customer base and achieve sales targets in a defined territory that meet the strategic requirements of the Company. The successful candidate would be promoting the Access Control, Intrusion and Ethernet/Transmission product lines and will report directly to the Ireland Country Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Devise, and implement sales strategies to extend and develop the business
- Target and develop new sales relationships
- Develop and manage key strategic Vanderbilt accounts
- Manage the sales process from start to finish
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the market and competitors
- Provide market intelligence to the business
- Provide reports and information as required to the Region Manager
- Contributing ideas and energy to initiatives that will improve the effectiveness of the business
- Maintaining and updating the company’s CRM system
- Performing demonstrations of technical solutions for installers and possibly end user prospects
Education and/or Experience
- A third level qualification in a technical or business-related discipline
- Experience of the security industry where Access Control, Intrusion and /or Network products would be beneficial
- Competent with Microsoft Office and working within a CRM environment (Salesforce)
- Ability to train and explain technical concepts
- Ability to present and demonstrate technical computer-based systems
- Desire to contribute to the goals and efforts of the organization.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills to present detailed proposals to clients
- Ability to work independently and on their own initiative
- Customer focus
Work Environment & Requirements
- Attendance at trade shows, and other events outside of the defined territory but within the UK and Ireland is required
- Required to operate from a home office depending on their place of residence
- Full driving license
- As there will be occasional international travel the employee must possess a valid Passport